Sunday, February 17, 2008

Update on the House

I am ready to fall into bed after a day like to today. We worked at the house today installing a cermanic floor in the bathroom and pulling out the ceiling in the attic. Rosie and my dad worked in the attic while my mom and I worked in the bathroom.

The attic was a disguisting mess. I was up there at the most four minutes and I came down hacking up a lung because of the particles floating in the air. I quickly ran to the hardware store and picked up some masks for dad and Rosie. Also while my dad was cleaning up the ground outside and stuffing the pieces that didn't make it into the large dumpster outside, he decided that it needed to be pushed down. So he gets on the ledge of the dumpster and tries moving stuff around, needless to say he fell in and hurt his leg. Then when he was bringing down the trash can from upstairs, he fell going down the stairs because he had both the broom and the trash can in his hands and the stairs are steep. Because of that fall he hurt his ankle. When he got home tonight, my mom put a bag of frozen peas on his ankle because it had swelled. Poor guy!



My mom laid the majority of the floor while I worked on priming up the trim for the bathroom. When it came time to cut little pieces to fill in spots, I was the one laying the floor while she was cutting the tiles. I think the floor looks pretty darn good!



So sometime during the week Rosie is going to paint the trim black and my mom is going to grout the floor. So that way next Sunday we will install the vanity and toliet and actually have running water in the house!

I feel that the end is in site and I will no longer be cat lady with 7 cats living in my house!

0 comments: