Friday, February 29, 2008

Is it that time again?

After a very trying day at school today, I walk to my mailbox and discover that our intent forms for next year are already in our boxes. Uggh! I asked the secretary if they were early and she assured me that they were on time because tis the season! So I have to turn this menacing little piece of paper in by March 15. Granted I turned mine in last year around May because I said I would stay if I got the 3rd grade position.

I really would like to stay where I am at but that means next year I will more than likely be teaching 2nd grade. A grade that I thought I would LOVE to teach 6 years ago and now I am not so sure if younger is better for me. I really do enjoy the older ones. However I do love 3rd grade. I'm so confused!

There will be more than likely 3 positions that I have heard of opening up in another corporation. This was the same corporation that I had interviewed with last year and the final selection was between 3 of us. Needless to say they went with the cheaper person. Grrrr.

But back to the stupid intent form. I guess I can always check "It is my intent to return." Because let's face it, I do intend to return unless I get a better offer. Does that count?

0 comments: