Friday, February 15, 2008

TED

I remember this site from a grad class that I took last spring, but since I was so busy with finishing my Masters I didn't have time to get into the site and essentially forgot about it. Now fast forward to two days ago when the librarian at school mentioned about this great talk she was directed to about schools killing student's creativity. She emailed the site to me, and behold I am now navigating myself around the site learning really interesting ideas and expanding my knowledge.

The site is called TED. Rather than sum it up in my own words I will post what their mission is: TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, Design. It started out (in 1984) as a conference bringing together people from those three worlds. Since then its scope has become ever broader. The annual conference now brings together the world's most fascinating thinkers and doers, who are challenged to give the talk of their lives (in 18 minutes).

The talks are very interesting and mind provoking! Click here to view the site! Enjoy!

0 comments: