Wednesday, February 6, 2008

And the delays keep on coming...

I am starting to wonder if we will ever have a full week of school again. Ever since we have been back from break, we have yet to go to school for a full 5 days wihtout being interrupted. So yup we are on another two hour delay for the morning! It was announced at the end of the school day today. We had a two hour delay yesterday because the fog was unbelievable due to the fact that it warmed up Monday during the day and just continued to rise during the evening. We even had thunderstorms last night! I thought I was going nuts seeing flashes of light outside.

Then today the temp dropped again and we have a lovely mixture of ice, sleet, and snow! Everybody raced out of school today and I was the only one left. Only because my principal announced that progress reports are due out tomorrow or Friday by the latest! Gee it would have been nice to have been told this Monday not the day before it was due! So I spent an extra hour and a half at school in addition to the normal hour I spend. I even left after the janitor went home for the night! She just made me promise to lock my door when I left. Gee what a comforting thought. However I did get my grades entered and the little cherubs will have progress reports for tomorrow! Go me!!!

We also had a very eventful mass today for Ash Wednesday. One of my students threw up all over the pew and the ltitle second graders jackets during the Gospel. Gee that was fun. I had to frantically gather the well students out of the pew and stick them into another pew and some were wondering about their jackets and if they should take them. I just wanted them out of the pew so I could get to her. Luckily the teacher's aide from the other third grade grabbed my sick student and took her out and to the office while I did damage control with the rest of my students. Needless to say, Father did his best to get the attention back once he was doing his homily. I think it kinda sorta worked. Oh well, that's one mass I will never forget. Along with the mass at the beginning of the school year two years ago when I fainted in front of my junior high students. Gee that was memorable. I even had the 8th grade girls so upset that they were crying. Gee It is so nice to feel loved!

0 comments: