Friday, August 1, 2008

Interesting

I am starting to think that 15 minute interviews are the norm or maybe I am answering questions entirely too fast. I met with the Rabbi today and it went okay. I really don't think working there would be the best fit for me. He kept explaining that he wasn't from here and doesn't know where anything is at. One of the questions he asked was "If you came into your classroom and saw this on the board: _er_. What would you do?" He explained that it was meant as an insult to myself. For the life of me I cannot think of what would fill those blanks. So needless to say I answered the question with something.

What I thought was really odd that he asked me to describe my family. I really don't think that you are allowed to ask those types of questions. When he asked what my husband does and I said that he works in a Plastic Factory his tone changed. It was really odd.

So anyway, I was calling around to various South Bend schools hoping that someone somewhere would have a teaching spot available. Luck must be on my side because I have an interview for a 6th grade position at Greene Intermediate Center on Tuesday morning. The only bad thing is that Tuesday is the same day as our registration at St. Michael. So I will trot on down to Plymouth after my interview. I would just hate to leave them hanging on such short notice, but I really need to do what is best for me. Plus Greene is 15 minutes away in a country setting. That cuts my driving time in half! Gee it is really going to be a stressful week next week.

0 comments: