Thursday, July 31, 2008

This might be interesting!

I saw an ad in the paper a few weeks ago advertising for a second grade part time position with pay between 20,000 to 25,000. I had no idea where or what this school was. I figured I would email my resume and see what happens. Because at the moment the high end of their salary is 2,000 less of what I am making now.

Now fast forward to today where I get a phone call. I apparently sent my resume to the South Bend Hebrew Day School. So now I have an interview set up for tomorrow at 2. He asked if I would mind having my picture taken so they could attach it to my resume and something they don't do is shake hands because of religious reasons. He asked if I had a problem with any of those, and I told him I didn't mind.

He told me about the job description and that as a part time teacher I would be responsible for the reading, language arts, math, science, and social studies part of classroom day. There are the religious people that take care of the Hebrew part of the day.

I don't even know what to expect. I guess the only way I would take this job is that I am offered benefits also, which I am doubting. So we shall see what happens.

0 comments: