Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A shopping we will go...

Yesterday, July 1, was my 28th birthday. That now means that I am only 2 years away from 30. Yippee! We went out to eat at Papa Vino's on Sunday night because that was the only time all of us could get together. The food was very yummy and I still have leftovers in the fridge because the portions were so HUGE!

So yesterday I went for the lovely bike ride and then came home and cleaned a little and started making a list of things I need to get before we get on the plane tomorrow afternoon for San Antonio. It was a very relaxing day!

I then went over to my parent's house in the evening and found out that my mom got the flu on Monday and was still feeling horrible. So Tony, Rosanne, Laura, Josh, and I went out to go shopping and dress the guys for the wedding. Too bad hubby was working...I wouldn't let him take the day off because he is already taking Thursday and Monday off.

Our first stop was JC Penney for Tony because they have a big and tall section. Rosie and I did a great job of loading him up with clothes. When we were all checked out we went off to find Laura who was looking at evening purses and shoes. Josh also had to try out a purse:

We then went off to Kohl's to find Josh some clothes and Tony some shoes. Well Tony found more clothes, but no shoes because Kohl's does not carry a size 14 shoe. Josh also found some clothes. Then we went off to Shoe Carnival, where all of us except Rosie walked away with a pair of shoes. The guys even walked away with two pairs!

Hacienda was calling our name! The food was yummy, the waitress was horrible. We waited 10 minutes to be given any type of service including our chips! We asked for extra napkins twice, and then when she finally brought them to us, we got two. Gee there are five of us and two napkins. Arg! Then when it was time to get our check the waitress was nowhere around us because she was mopping the floor! So we had to get the waitress from the other table to get us our check. Needless to say the tip was not that great.

Rosie and Laura are in their everyday forms!

Josh, Rosie and Laura

Tony looking so thrilled that we are spending his money! :)


Finally me...who really enjoyed the marjarita!

If Texas is going to be like anything like last night, it is going to be a hoot!

0 comments: