Sunday, July 27, 2008

Wow that went by fast!

I swear the weekends go by faster than the weekdays. Then again doesn't always seem to be that way?

On Friday night we had our 10 year high school reunion. I cannot believe that it has been 10 years since I have graduated from LaSalle! The reunion was nice. Although for the $90 we had to pay, I expected a bit more than eat your dinner and have a nice time. The only decorations were the red and black napkins in the water glasses on the table. Jay even expected more.


Kara and I have been friends since Kindergarten!

Tracie, me, Jennifer, and Kristen
Tracie didn't get the memo that it wasn't a crazy pic!

The sad thing about the reunion is that the person who organized it all was stuck in New York because of a huge storm that rolled through and they cancelled the poor guy's flight!

On Saturday I worked and got final things together for my cousin's bridal shower that we had today.

The shower was held at the Inn at St. Mary's. The entrance to the hotel is quite nice, as I have never been in the place before. I now realize that I should have gotten pictures of the entrance. Oh well!

When we arrived nothing was set up except the tables with the table clothes. We were then told that we had to bring everything ourselves, and then my mom proceeded to tell the person that she was told that everything was included. Somehow everything got straightened out. It was just weird that St. Mary's was not providing the food but the Hilton Hotel next door was. I'm not even sure how that works. There was miscommunication somewhere along the line. However everything was nice and worked out great!


The yummy cake from the Country Bake Shop!


The pretty tables!


My mom with my two great aunts and my grandmother.

Laura and her ability to make the most gorgeous ribbon bouquet.

Maria and all of her cousins who were present!

My aunt told me that I need to go into event planning because I did such a great job. I just said that teaching is less stressful! :)

Also Maria also has the most gorgeous engagement pictures. She had them taken on the campus of Saint Mary's and at Lake Michigan at sunset. Check it out: http://grantisaacstudio.blogspot.com/

Now I just need to gear up for the last week of summer school, then a week off (which really isn't a week off because I am putting my classroom back together), and then school starts on August 11. Blah!

0 comments: