Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Finally Finished!

Sunday we finished the deck: Dad, Jay, Tony, and I. I was thrilled when I found a patio table and chairs cleared out at Menards. It is nothing fancy, but it suits what we need. I really wanted the blue chairs but they were sold out, so green and orange will do. I also found some nifty solar lights that are post toppers. My dad was making fun of them, but my mom told me that he said that they are really neat. So guess what he is getting for his birthday, that is if I can find them in copper.

Now I just need to find some flowers and dress it up a bit. However flowers should be cheap because it is the middle of July!


After my dad left, Tony and Jay hung yet another ceiling fan. This time we added one to the bedroom. So the house is now outfitted with ceiling fans and they really do help a lot!


I just love that hubby is standing on the bed!

All we have left to do now is pour the cement pad leading out of the back door, hang the screen door for the back of the house, and then level off the back yard. However I have a feeling that we will level off the back yard as a project for next spring. Oh well, we have our deck!

0 comments: