Monday, August 25, 2008

Veggies

My veggie garden is just about finished. I spent an hour pulling dead plants on Sunday. I think that it is pretty funny that I didn't plant any cucumbers this year and just take a look at what I have:

Yup cucumbers. They grew from seed last year when they didn't get picked because I was in Europe. So they pretty much rotted away and viola new cucumbers for this year. This is the reason why I only have one jalapeno. The cucumber vines kinda squashed out the poor jalapeno plant. Oh well.

However, I was quite surprised when I started pulling the dead plants, and I found three honeydew melons growing underneath everything. So only time will tell if they will be any good. I am hoping that they will be. At least the cucumbers didn't kill everything. :)

0 comments: