Thursday, August 7, 2008

What are we...six?

I am guessing that I did not get the job because the principal has not called. Plus when I called the school yesterday, I informed the secretary who I was and was asking if the principal had made a decision. The secretary went off on a tirade exclaiming that the principal is on a retreat and will be for the week and I could call back on Monday if I wanted to speak to her. So needless to say I think I did not get the job.

Anyways so I told the other third grade teacher (my mentor) when I first started and Linda (8th grade teacher) about my interview. The third grade teacher then tells the first grade teacher, the first grade teacher marches off to my principal's office and tells her. My principal goes and asks the secretary. The secretary claims she knows nothing about it (even though she knew I was serious about trying to switch). The secretary called Linda and Linda called me.

I was told the principal starts ranting and raving about how I am under contract and I cannot break that contract without reprecautions. In my mind I know that there are no reprecautions because teachers do it all the time. Plus I saw an article about this very subject in one of the magazines we got from school last spring.

So needless to say it will be a very interesting day tomorrow. Although I don't think my principal will mention anything because she hates conflict. Sometimes I have no idea why she is a principal. She tries to please everyone and it just cannot be done.

0 comments: