Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Patience

I went on my interview today for a sixth grade position. She asked me nothing about previous teaching experience. I thought that was rather odd because I am always asked about my previous experience. My mom reminded me that I did give her my resume. I was asked six different questions all about different types of scenarios and how I would handle each of them.

The principal told me that she would reach a decision by the end of the day. She told me that she would call no matter what the outcome. I was one of three people that was interviewed. Well I can say my nerves got the best of me and I could not sit at home waiting for a phone call any longer because I was literally going nuts!

So I went off to paint. Yup, I'm painting again, and not my house but my brother's house. I really like to paint because there is something just so soothing about hearing the sound of the roller go back and forth. So here are some pictures of what we have been doing....

The Kitchen....we are unsure of what color to paint the cabinets? Any suggestions? Laura and I were thinking a chocolate brown, while my mom thought black.


The living room...doesn't it just remind you of a summer cottage on the lake?


The Master Bedroom...yes I know about the color everyone who sees it gives a little yelp, or in my mom's case an outright dislike. But I think once we get done with the accents it will look real nice. Besides Tony likes it, or he is just saying it because he doesn't want to buy more paint. :)


The other bedroom that will become his office area. The blue trim will be painted a nice bright white. It is just gonna take a nice good primer to cover the blue. I am even surprised that just two coats of red paint covered the yellow paint.

I just now realized that I did not take a picture of the dining room. Oh well, I guess I can post that when it is finished. So I made Tony a list of things that he needs to get so we can finish up trim and the little odds and ends. Laura told him he is not going to have any money left after he is finished sprucing up his house. :-)

0 comments: