Friday, June 6, 2008

When it rains, I guess it pours!

So we are getting our gutters, soffits, facia, and facia board replaced sometime in the next few weeks. At the moment they look not so pretty. I would take a pic but it is kinda dark outside at the moment and the neighbors might think I'm nuts.

We are also getting a new furnace unit also! How lucky are we? The blower just keeps running and running. My furnace man came out yesterday and replaced the thermostat because he thought maybe the dang thing was shorting out because the buttons would never increase or decrease the temperature until you were actually smacking the dang thing. Then he told us to call him if it was still acting up.

I believed that is finally regulated itself out last night and we had no problems with it. When I woke up this morning it was doing it again. So furnace guy came back this morning and first asked me if we wanted our old thermostat back and I gladly declined that offer. Then he took a look at the furnace and the computer part is shorting out. He said he could go ahead and replace the $250 part, but in less than two years the furnace would die!

He mentioned that he would not like to do that to us by replacing the part in then coming back and then replacing the furnace. Apparently our furnace has months left in its sorry little life. Apparently, we have the cheapest furnace that was made!

So rather than taking our money, he mentioned that my dad would not do that to him with his trucks and he would not do that to us. (See it is nice having a dad who knows people!) So he took measurements and he believes he also has one back at the shop. So he is going to get back with us and let us know.

Here's the kicker...my parent's AC bit the dust yesterday also. They are getting a new one replaced Saturday morning. When I told my dad about ours tonight he was wondering if furnace man would give us a deal because we are giving him so much business! :D

What I think is also funny is that furnace man said that my Uncle Frank called him yesterday also to get serviced for the AC. See when it rains, it really does pour!

0 comments: