Monday, June 23, 2008

The Beginnings of the Deck...

Hubby and I decided that we needed a deck. Well mostly I decided because I need someplace to put the grill because I hate having to grill out in the garage. It is a pain in the butt to drag the thing outside every time we have to use it. Plus it would be nice to actually sit in our backyard from time to time.

So I went to Lowe's on Wednesday last week and they loaded up the wood for me into the pick-up truck. Then hubby helped me unload the wood when I got home into the garage. So my garage has been full since Wednesday and that means that I cannot park in it until the deck is finished. This only stinks when it is the weekend because parking on the street is at a premium.

We were going to set the posts on Saturday night and begin the deck on Sunday. However, hubby and I had a wedding to attend. So we set the posts yesterday. They are nice and strong in the ground. So this weekend it should be finished or somewhat close to being finished.


This is the place where we are placing the deck. If you look closely at the wall behind the AC unit, it is the color of blue. I am in the process of painting this color around the entire base of the house. It matches our front door, garage door, and shed. I also plan to take the shutters off of the windows and also paint those the same color.



Here Hubby is digging a hole for the posts. He really liked the post hole digger.



Tony showed up to help. Well he had to show up because my dad forgot his saw and Tony needed to bring it. So here he is! Although he should be the one mixing up the cement.

See Tony does know how to work! My mom wanted to make sure that she was in the picture eating a strawberry from the garden. Gotta love her!

0 comments: