Friday, October 3, 2008

Shhh...

It was a four day teaching week this week. Today was our diocesan wide meeting day. We had to pick one of 6 meetings we could attend a couple of weeks ago. I picked my meeting about something that had to do with using some computer program to help student achievement.

I get a note from my principal yesterday morning stating that the meeting had been cancelled and that the person in charge of all of these meetings was going to e-mail the principal again to let me know where I was supposed to go.

I never received anything from my principal later in the day telling me which meeting I had to attend. Then I come to find out that the principal left school before school was even out. So I had no way of knowing where I was supposed to go. I figured that I must go to my second choice that I vaguely remember putting down. It was some meeting about using rubrics in the classroom.

Fast forward to this morning....I had to call the doctor and get an appointment. They had an opening at 9:15 this morning so I took it knowing that the actually meeting part didn't start until 9:30. I figured I would be a little late...no big deal.

After leaving the doctor's office, I show up at the school I am supposed to be at and there are 5 cars in the parking lot with a plumber's van. I saw little old ladies organizing something inside the building. I really think that this meeting was cancelled also, but I kept driving not knowing what the heck is going on. So I went to Walmart to get my prescription filled.

So I am playing hooky. I'm sure there was a sign in sheet at these meetings, but I have a feeling my name was not on any sign in sheet because my first choice meeting was cancelled. This is the most disorganized I have ever seen the diocese. Oh well...I'm enjoying spending time with my hubby until he goes off to work.

0 comments: