Monday, October 6, 2008

Adventures in Indy

I have a mini vacation from school. I played hooky Friday and the weekend was quite relaxing, and then I had to go to a two day conference at the Adams Mark Hotel here in Indy today and tomorrow. So technically I have had a 5 day vacation. It has been quite lovely.


I left my house at 5:30 this morning. I had to be at the hotel at 8:30. I figured that would be plenty of time. Since I refuse to drive on the big scary road called 465, I took the back way to the hotel. I got quite a nice tour of Speedway, Indiana. I drove right past the Indy 500. I didn't realize that it was literally in a block of neighborhoods. I guess I should have expected that when we went to the State Fair back in August and that too was in a block of neighborhoods. 

So after turning the wrong way on 16th Street, I finally found my way back and proceeded to the hotel. I finally got to the opening speaker at 9:00. I was only a 1/2 hour late. It just meant I didn't have to stand in line to register. :-) Plus it wasn't anything I hadn't heard before about differentiated instruction. I took an entire grad class on it. I don't think much has changed in two years. 

The meetings that I attended were quite good. I cannot wait to get back to school to try some of these ideas out. I have an opening speaker tomorrow, followed by 2 break out sessions. Then I will be on my home....minus the big scary road of 465. Large lanes of traffic freak me out! :-) Which is one of the reasons I refuse to drive through Chicago.

0 comments: