Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Coupons

I have become a coupon lady. I have a pouch that is sorted by different products in the grocery store. I usually can get good deals if I start to sort through my coupons. I have gotten in the habit of looking through my coupons before going to the store.

When I heard of a guy that touts himself as a The Coupon Guy on a local radio station, I had to investigate. He basically gets a ton of great deals with paying next to nill.

So I started reading his website and I signed up for a magazine called Refund Cents. After getting the magazine in the mail yesterday, I can say I am a bit overwhelmed. There is so much lingo to shift through it is unbelievable. So I am taking it by baby steps.

I got on the website and started reading through discussions about how everything works. I did find one handy piece of knowledge from Target. It was the Target schedule of markdowns. I am a sucker for just walking through the store and purusing the clearance aisles to see what good deals I can find. It will now be easier to know when certain departments will mark down items. So I just had to share:


Target markdown schedule:
MONDAY- kids clothes, electronics
TUESDAY- women's clothes, domestics
WEDNESDAY- men's clothes, toys, health and beauty
THURSDAY- lingerie, shoes, housewares, sporting goods
FRIDAY- cosmetics, hardware, auto, jewelry.


Now I just have to figure out where the rest of the good deals are.

0 comments: