Sunday, October 26, 2008

Meet Marigold


Nope Marigold isn't a cat, but a lamb. My cousin Margaret is a senior at Purdue and is majoring in Animal Science. She works in the sheep housing part of the lab and the mother sheep rejected her baby a couple of weeks ago. So Margaret has been bottle feeding the baby lamb because she did not want to see it put down.

So my parents met Margaret in Michigan City to pick up the lamb. So Laura named the lamb Marigold and they have been trying to bottle feed her. She ate really well when they first got home and tonight she hasn't been wanting to eat. But Marigold did figure out how to drink water from a bowl.

So Marigold is going to hang out in my parent's mud room in a dog cage until she is bigger. Then she will be placed with the three remaining goats that my parents have.

So you know how some people like to dress up their dogs, well we dress up farm animals...
My Dad said that Marigold was shivering when she was outside, so while they were at the farm store this afternoon, my Mom bought Marigold this dog sweater. This going to be one spoiled sheep!

0 comments: