Friday, January 11, 2008

Boat trip anyone?

I started the week off on Monday getting my classroom ready for the students for Tuesday. Then rolled along Tuesday, we had a very pleasant day of school. The students were well behaved or they were just sleepy and had not woken up yet. Wednesday came and we had a two hour delay because of flooding in Plymouth from the Yellow River. Then came Thursday another two hour delay. I thought to myself I really like going into work at 10 AM everyday, I could get used to this. By the end of school yesterday we were put on a delay again because we don't need a bus load of children get swept away in the flood waters. However last night, they closed us! I was happy with my two hour delay! But driving in Plymouth has become a nightmare because you cannot get from point A to B without taking massive detours. So at the rate of closures we have had this year and if we continue to go with the trend we will be going to school until the month of July. Hey I always wanted my birthday to fall during the school year! :D

See what happens when we get 15 inches of snow and then it warms up to 65 degrees the next week. The school is about a mile away from all of the flooding. However we are dry.

0 comments: