Monday, January 28, 2008

Heat please!

Jay and I came home from dinner with my parents last night around 8:00 and then I went downstairs to clean litter boxes while I was down there the furnace was running and running and running. I watched the ignitors light and then go out in a matter of seconds and then it would try to light again after a couple of minutes and do the same thing. Gee I thought to myself, there is no way in heck that it is going to warm up upstairs. So I proceeded to call my father and he told me that the switchy thingy is going out and to call my furnance people because they are on call 24/7. So I called them and they proceeded to give my information to a tech who then called me at 8:30 and told me he could come out on Sunday night or wait until Monday. Gee Jay and I weren't going to freeze all night, so we told him to come on over. Well within 20 minutes he was at our door. Needless to say he fixed our heat along with another part that he said was on death row all within 30 minutes. Then I mention that my dad told me to call him because he was joking around that his bedtime was 9, then I mentioned my dad's name because my dad knows the guy (I just have a different last name so no one recognizes me, which could be a good thing!). He then said that he would send the invoice to my dad because he got him out of his house. Hey I will go along with that! I just really don't want to see the bill, but we really did need heat here in good ol' South Bend in the middle of January going into February! Oh well, heat is good no matter what the cost!

0 comments: