Friday, January 4, 2008

I'm feeling accomplished!

So the majority of yesterday was spent to working on school stuff. I didn't realize that I had that much to grade and five hours later and no where close to being finished I think I worked my students to no brain function activity. Poor third graders! I believe that they went brain dead by Wednesday of that final week of school because their spelling tests were horrible and the handwriting stunk. But I am proud to say that I made a major dent in the pile of work that I brought home by 8 o'clock last night considering I started at 11 o'clock. I entered all of my grades into the computer and now I just have to upload when I get to school on Monday for our teacher work day. The only things I have left to do is read and grade a bunch of writing assignments and then enter my lessons into the computer, something I haven't done since August. Gee that is going to be loads of fun! However the plan is to get all of this completed that way I only have to do lesson plans for next week, arrange the room, and get a sub for a half day on Wednesday. Gee I go back to school for one day and then the students get to have a sub! They are going to love that!

Jay has to get a CT scan done on Wednesday and I thought it best that he not go by himself. He has been having stomach problems for the past three or four months. He has nausea everyday and he is hardly eating because it makes him sicker. Plus I can hear his stomach making noises from across the room. I just tell him he is pregnant, he doesn't like that explanation. So Wednesday morning off to the CT scanner to see inside him. Lucky us!

So now off to tackle that pile of writing papers, but maybe first I will go to the gym to work off the lovely holidays!

0 comments: