Sunday, January 13, 2008

Keep your fingers crossed!

So as of right now at 8:32 PM, Saint Michael is not delayed or cancelled! I have so much to do and I now have to cram Fridays' lessons into Monday's with what we regularly do on Monday. Gee the students are going to work hard and then exhaustion will set in. And the funny thing is that we have a 1/2 on Wednesday due to a Teacher Inservice.

In retrospect the long three day weekend was a nice treat. I went with my mom to the new Farmer's Market in Elkhart. The building is huge! They have food items on the first level and then crafty things on the second level. I LOVE the handmade Amish tables. They had a beautiful round one with awesome chairs. I didn't even check the price because I know it would be way out of my league. I do however already have a beautiful Amish made table with a hutch that my parents bought Jay and I for our wedding present.

Saturday was spent working my other job. I work for about 3 hours at the gas station with my family. I put in the charges for the week and update the monthly spreadsheet. I get to listen to my music and I get paid! I really needed something to make up the difference of the high gas prices because I fill up about twice a week. So it does come in handy to have some cash!

Today I spent the day bumming around the house. After six loads between yesterday and today, I finally got laundry finished. I was also productive in putting up the insulation the basement to help with heating costs, even though I ran out of insulation, the rest will be finished another weekend. I graded some things and watched the Colts lose. My mom called me up wanting me to bring over the picture book that Laura and I made from our trip in Europe to my Grandparents because my Uncle Leo was in town from Germany. So I stopped over there and then my mom and I went to my cousin Rachel's 16th birthday party at T.G.I's. The food was yummy and I will probably need to spend an hour on the ellipital tomorrow at Fitness USA. But the best part of the evening was my Nana telling the Friday's server that it was Rachel's birthday and to have them sing to her. Well at the beginning of dinner Rachel wanted no part in the singing. Nana however snuck it past her! So here is a pic of Rachel standing on the chair looking thrilled!


0 comments: