Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Whirlwind

There has been a whirlwind of activity for the past two weeks. Last week was the end of school on Wednesday followed by the teacher’s meeting on Thursday where it was announced that I will be teaching 3rd grade next year. Then on Friday and Saturday I worked ND Reunion assisting with the seminars that took place on campus. This was a far better job then the one I worked last year that consisted of babysitting reunion people’s children for 15 hours a day. Never again will I partake in that job.

Then Monday and Tuesday of this week I had to find my way back to school to complete the moving of my classroom and empty out my 6th grade room. My new room is on the first floor back in a corner. I tell people that I should lose weight this coming school year because I am farther away from the teachers lounge! I moved a lot of stuff back home. Sometimes I wonder why in the heck did I spend my money on these extra teacher books….they looked cute and interesting at the time. This is another reason why I need to stay away from the teacher’s store. So my porch is overflowing with teacher stuff that I really need to go through and separate for the yard sale I am having on Saturday.

First I was having my yard sale over the Memorial Day weekend but things became too chaotic and plus is rained the entire weekend so I pushed it up to this Saturday. Well at first the weather predicted rain and as of last night there is no rain in sight. So it looks like my yard sale is on again. So I need to finish cleaning my room at my parent’s house (yes I never really cleaned out the room when I got married) and then I need to go through and price the stuff. So over the next three days this is what I will be doing. Then I can finally have a clean porch and start some improvements on the porch to make it look more relaxing.

Now believe it or not I decided Sunday night that the dining room and living room both needed to be painted because I was tired of looking at white walls plus we just got this cute light installed in the dining room and the room needed something else. So I went to Lowe’s on Monday and picked up some paint samples. Jay approved which one he liked then I went back to Lowe’s and got the necessary supplies to paint the dining room. So Monday night I was painting my dining room. Then last night I was painting my living room. Now I just need to paint the long wall that runs the length of both the living and dining room. That will hopefully be done this weekend because I cannot move the entertainment center by myself. Here are some pictures of before and after of both of the rooms (with my new digital camera!!):

Dining Room~Before and After

Living Room~Before and After





So I also now need to find some different curtains for the living room because the old gold ones will not go so well. I am leaning towards a creamy color in maybe a roman shade. So needless to say I am keeping myself busy maybe just too busy!

1 comments:

Carisse said...

I love your paint colors. You sound so motivated right now. I need to get motivated...tonight I need to finally go through our Italy pictures!