Sunday, May 27, 2007

Exhausted mania

Okay so the students are sending me home exhausted every day because they have so much energy and I have to constantly remind them that they need to settle down. (I fell asleep Friday night at 6:30 only to wake up at 8:30 get some grocery shopping done and then fell back asleep!) Heck I understand because we now only have 1.5 days left of school!! Hurray! I get antsy too, but I have to be the adult and quite them down. I just now only have to make it through the next 1.5 days and I am finished teaching junior high!

I have not officially heard, but I will be teaching 3rd grade next year (the school board approved me, but my principal has not said anything). I am so excited, I get the younger students who still like their teacher and think school is the best! Such a change from my junior high students.

So as I am winding down this school year, I am busy putting together their memory books. I am at the moment putting together collages of pictures throughout the school year of my students. I then take the (hopefully two pages) and get them printed off at Staples where I will bind them together with a book of memories that we have been putting together at school. The last thing that I need the students to do is write nice comments about their classmates. This is something that I started three years ago and the students absolutely love it! We do this on the computer and rotate until every student has mentioned something nice about that person. I then print off all of the comments and bind them in their book. They will receive their book on Wednesday and on the very last page there is a section that they can sign each others book. Something that they all enjoy.

On a side my note my digital camera went kaput. (Rather it was dropped one too many times) These are the types of pictures that the camera takes now:


I really enjoy the side light! I was hoping to put it off for another month before I go to Germany but it looks like that was not the plan for the camera. So I am going to Best Buy today to look and maybe buy. The current kaput model was one that I had I got for my birthday when digital cameras first came out. It was a 3.2 mega pixel and takes (or rather eats) four double AA batteries. The cost for such a thing was around $300 and today you could probably get it for 50 bucks. Kinda sad if you ask me. Oh well I can upgrade the mega pixels and not be charged an arm and a leg! How fun!!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the third grade position -They are easier that junoir high kids but not all of them still love school -
I have two finishing up third grade right now, My son is incredibly bright loves learning but gets bored with the slower pace of his classmates, hates homework and doesn't see the point of busy work that he already knows,

my step son is complete opposite, struggles with learning and social skills, hates school and doesn't want to bother with it. He stopped trying. We just found out he's going to be held back, again.

Every age has it's challenges, good luck! and Enjoy your summer!