Thursday, May 10, 2007

Walking

So today I walked 3 miles for our school fundraiser. It was fun to take the afternoon and walk for an hour even if it was with my students. It was fun to see some of them race around the block while others kept a snail's pace. However when the walk was finished they were the ones bouncing around the grass. I think that they needed to expend more energy! On the downside I think I got too much sun and now I have a splitting headache. Oh well.

On another note I did not get the job at LaVille. I was told it was a tough decision and it was between me, a guy, and this woman named Marcy. Well Marcy got the job. She is also an aide at the school who just completed her work for her teaching degree and has a young son. I am now starting to think that I never had a chance when she stepped into the picture. So I am at St. Michael for another year, I think. Nobody else has called and probably will not call until two freakin days before school starts. I can't wait until then. However there might be a third grade position opening up at school and I told my principal that I really want third grade. This is my dream grade to teach! I also think that she might go for it if there will be enough kids to make two grade third grades. Plus the priest doesn't want me to go this is an incentive to keep me there and plus the second graders coming up do not mix well in a large class together. I should know within a few weeks! Hurray!

Also for those of you that don't know....I graduated on Tuesday! I now have my Masters!! Woo-hoo!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your Masters!!! And good luck in finding a job!!