Thursday, June 14, 2007

Got Stuff?

The garage sale that I had last Saturday was somewhat of a success. What didn't sell went directly to Goodwill. Jay and I packed up the car and took a whole car load to drop off. So that was a good thing to get all of that "stuff" out of the house. However I had all of these CDs of Laura's and mine that we just don't listen to anymore. Instead of donating them to Goodwill, I went through the 20+ cds and to see if I could sell them on Amazon. It turned out that just four of them are even worth to sell. Then I had to decide what to do with the rest of the 20 something cds. Then I remembered I could freecycle them. Freecycle is an online community group (the Michiana area) where you post things that you do not want anymore but do not want to throw them away. Well it was a success, about two minutes after I posted the cds I had numerous responses. I went with the first response and if I do not hear back from her I will proceed down the list. The best part is that the person will come pick them up! I highly recommend this site. Ihave gotten rid of some things before and it is much better than throwing things away! Here is the site http://groups.yahoo.com/group/southbendmishawakafreecycle/ Enjoy!!

0 comments: