Monday, June 25, 2007

Keeping my options open

I have a job for the following school year. It is the same job that I have been at for the last 5 years. I have been driving to Plymouth for 5 years back and forth a countless number of times. Sometimes I wish I was just home instead of the 30 minute commute everyday. This was one of the main reasons for applying to other school districts close to home among other reasons. I am just suprised that nobody has called from these other school districts. I finally emailed the person in charge of applications at the SBCSC office. She emailed back asking what my certification was in and I haven't heard anything back yet. If I were given an interview I would go because as countless number of people have told me I have to do what is right for me because nobody else will. I would also go as far to break my contract with my current school and sign with a new one. Sure it would suck but again I have to do what is right for me and the money would be better and we could actually move out of our small house and into a bigger one because yes we would like a family here in the future and the two bedroom one bath house isn't going to cut it in the future! Oh well I guess I can wish for a school district to call. I just hope it isn't two days before school starts like it was five years ago when I had already been teaching for two weeks at my current school. Grrrrrrrrrr....

0 comments: