Sunday, February 22, 2009

Randomness of a Busy Week

Dad came home from the hospital on Wednesday. I even think that he was back to work on Thursday. The man just doesn't know when to take it easy!

I had after school duty all this week. That means that I usually don't tackle the grading until all of the students are gone. So I was a half-hour behind everyday. So it meant that I didn't leave school until almost 5 o'clock everyday. It makes for a long day when you get there by 7:15 every morning! I am still behind on grading and lesson planning and having to finish up the rest of it today.

On Saturday, our school had their Mardi Gras fun fair. We were required to be there for an hour. We were also required to purchase a spaghetti dinner ticket. I handed mine back. There was no way I was going to pay $6 for a ticket. I showed up for my hour despite the weather being totally horrible outside. I have a feeling the person who ordered us to be there did not even show up. It is usually the case.

I have two cats who have been required to go to the vet for the past three weeks. Isabelle has a pirate eye. After going to the vet for the first time two weeks ago, the vet thought that she had an eye irritation and gave us drops. A week later it still was not clearing up. So we take her back to the vet and it is determined that she has a scratch on her eye and he missed it the first time because her eye was so swollen. So now we have a cream we have to smooth on the inside of her eyelid two times a day for ten days. The other cat Jenni has a skin infection. The back end of her is bald. She was taking pills and an antibiotic. I treated her for fleas and now she is still not looking better. So needless to say she needs to go back to the vet this week. It figures that all of this happens while hubby has no job.

My winter coat's zipper broke on Tuesday. I thought that it was a heck of a time to break! So I have been wearing my hubby's large winter coat. It keeps me warm and that is about the only thing that counts at the moment. Plus every store is wiping out their winter coat collection to make room for bathing suits. Blah!

We got our DVR on Thursday. I am totally in love with this piece of equipment and did not eeven know what I was missing. Hubby even went through old VHS tapes that we used to record shows on and disposed of them. He says it is going to save on wear-n-tear of the VCR.

Now this coming week is a four-day week with a meeting on Friday here in town. Hopefully it will be a normal week despite the snow that we are having outside. Happy last week of February!

0 comments: