Monday, February 16, 2009

My day

I usually check my phone during recess while the students are away. However today, I was so completely busy that I didn't have time to check it until 3:30 because I had after school duty. So when I check it I have a text from my sister saying dads rm #xxxx and his phone number is xxx-xxxx.

By this time I am in panic mode. I know my dad didn't feel good last night and that he was running a fever. I had a voicemail from my other sister telling me what was going on, however that was at 8:30 this morning. She tells me that mom took dad to the er because he had a 104 temperature at 4:30 this morning and that he has xxx infection in his leg. I didn't catch the infection part because I didn't understand the medical terminology.

So I try calling my mom and she did not answer her phone. So I call my dad at the hospital. I asked him what was going on and if he was okay. He told me he was fine and to come visit him.

My mom called back and told me what was going on and that he was staying the night to bring his fever down and to get rid of the infection.

So hubby and I went to spend the evening with dad. He had quite a packed room with my sister, brother, cousin, and my mom.

He is getting pumped full of antibiotics and they do not want to release him until the infection in his leg is gone. He has also been running a fever off and on all day and he is sweating like crazy.

Rosie took him some lottery tickets and chocolate. He said that he really wants a cookie. :) I told I would bring one to him on Tuesday.

He is happy that he gets his own room because he is on the Oncology floor of Memorial and there really are no set visiting hours. So technically we could all go see him at 3 in the morning. :) My cousin was joking with him that one of the tow truck drivers would be there to see him at that time in the morning.

So hopefully the antibiotics are working and his fever will go down. I ask that you keep him in your prayers.

0 comments: