Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year

As I am baking, yet again, a memory crept into the back of head of past New Year Eve's. While we were growing up there were always new Disney movies that came out into theaters around Christmas time. My parents would load all of us up including my cousins from Texas into the car and take us to a movie on New Year's Eve.

I can remember seeing Aladdin, Little Mermaid, and many others. We always went to the last show of the night and the new year would be upon us when the movie let out. I remember always looking forward to these movie nights. I also remember one of my cousin's walking into the wrong restroom by accident after the movie was over.

As we grew older the movies stopped. The last movie that I do remember seeing was 101 Dalmatians (the one with Glenn Close) with my sister and my mom. I was 16 when this movie came out and I was working at the theater and we got in for free.

Hubby and I are going over to my brother's house to celebrate. I hope everyone has a safe and happy night! Welcome to 2009!

0 comments: