Monday, November 24, 2008

Run, Run, Run

It feels as though I have not stopped moving since my feet hit the floor at 6 this morning. School felt like a blur. Since we were not in school on Friday, it means that all of my tests that I give on Friday were pushed to today. So that means I have a spelling, grammar, and reading test to grade for each of my students. My prep today was really spent to trying to figure out my Thanksgiving Basket deal and our annual feast that is happening tomorrow. So nothing has really been graded. Ugh!

Then I had to run to pay a bill after school and then off to Martin's to shop for the turkey and other items for our Thanksgiving Basket at school. Normally I love stuffing our basket full of goodies, however since hubby has not worked a full week since September. I need to get creative. But I think I got some great deals and the basket should be really nice. Normally the students bring in more than enough however this year I ask for cans of beans and I get one lonely can. So it has been interesting nonetheless.

Then I had to run home and start peeling apples. A couple of weeks ago the St. Mary's Alumnae Club here in South Bend was asked to donate pies to help out the Thanksgiving feast at the Hope Rescue Mission. They needed 80 pies. So I volunteered my baking talents to make two pies. I opted for making two apple pies. The funny thing is that I have never made an apple pie in my life. However I will say that they smell delicious and I am sad that I will not be able to taste one.

My mom-in-law also brought me over 3 cups of pecans tonight. Some client dropped off a huge bag of pecans at her job today. So she shoveled out some for me for baking. So I called my mom and said that I have pecans for her pecan pie that she makes. I also asked about my dad because he had his second round of chemo today. Mom said that he looked tired but that is about it. He is also starting to lose his hair. As I was helping my parents clean yesterday at their house for Thanksgiving preparations, he kept tugging at his hair and moustache. I told him to knock it out, needless to say he didn't listen too well. His next treatment will be in December in Houston.

Now I am off to NOT grade papers and watch Heroes before falling asleep and having another chaotic day tomorrow.

0 comments: