Thursday, November 20, 2008

He did what?!?!

As I was conducting reading groups today, one of my students came up to the group in a panic yelling, "Bobby* just ATE a crayon!" What the heck was the first thing going through my mind.

Then Penelope* proceeds to tell me, "I told him to eat a crayon and he did. I didn't think he really would!" I look up and sure enough Bobby is wiping crayon out of his mouth with a tissue, shouting "I didn't know she was kidding!"

I asked Penelope why she would do this and she just replied, "I don't know." She felt totally horrible though.

Then another student comes up to me five minutes later and says, "Tiffany just put an eraser in my mouth."

Oh gee whiz, could life in the second grade get any more exciting?

*I have changed the name to protect the innocent. :0)

0 comments: