Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Let your voice be heard

I am looking forward to tonight and seeing what the outcome will be. I am also ready for the political commercials to be over with.

I thought I would post a poem about voting, but there are none that are halfway decent. So instead I found some quotes that I like. Enjoy!


"Those who stay away from the election think that one vote will do no good: 'Tis but one step more to think one vote will do no harm." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all." ~ John F. Kennedy

"Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be." ~ Sydney J. Harris

Let us remember that our right to vote was not a right earned easily. So please get out there and vote today!

0 comments: