Thursday, September 18, 2008

Lets Have a Crazy Morning

I walked into my classroom this morning and all was a buzz. Apparently the students had saw a cat running around outside of the building when they stepped off of the bus. This small hysteria was then transformed into it was one of my student's cat. She was sure it was her cat and it followed her to school. I proceeded to tell her that there was no way her cat could keep up with the school bus. She seemed very satisfied with that answer.

Then one of the boys said that the principal was taking it to the humane society where they kill cats. Oh gee and it is not even 8:15 in the morning. He proceeded to tell me that they got their dog just in time before they were going to kill it. I had to rest assure the students that not all shelter's kill animals. They were all content with that.

I finally got them calmed down and working on the work that was on their desk. Then we have our morning announcements followed by our schoolwide prayer. Then just as the principal was getting off of the intercom, she proceeds to tell the school that there is a cat outside and when we are out on the playground that we are not to go near the cat or touch the cat. Gee lets just dangle the dang cat in front of them! Recess isn't for another two hours!

So needless to say they were hyped up again! When I finally got them calmed down again, it was time to take them to gym. As we were walking by the front doors there was the cat trying to get into the building. Argh! I just cannot win!!

However when we came back from gym the cat was gone. And all was forgotten about the cat until morning recess finally came around and when I heard some students on the playground yelling, "Here kitty, kitty, kitty."

0 comments: