Monday, September 8, 2008

Annoyed

I get a note from a parent of one of my students today. It asked where their scrip order (gift certificates that help the school) was from Friday. They thought maybe that I didn't pull it out of communication folder on Friday. I do however remember pulling it out and having my messenger drop it off in the lunchroom for it to be filled. What I don't remember is getting the filled order back.

So I ask my messenger and she said that she did drop it off at the table on Friday. Then the next person I had to ask was the secretary because she is the one who puts the completed orders into the teacher's boxes. She assured me that all scrip orders from Friday were placed into the appropriate boxes. I went back to my classroom and started picking through papers on my desk. Then I get a phone call from the secretary telling me that she called the scrip lady and she did fill it and it WAS placed in my box and that I needed to check the student's backpack, desk, folders, and my desk thoroughly.

I hung up the phone muttering under my breath because I swear up and down that I did not see that blasted envelope anywhere. So I went over to the over 2nd grade teaching asking her if she had seen my missing scrip envelope. She had not.

So back in my room while sifting through papers, I get another phone call from the secretary telling me to send the student down with his backpack. I proceed to take his folder down to the office and here comes a 6th grade student with the envelope. Apparently it was placed in another teacher's box. All because we have two last names in our school that look and sound almost exactly the same but minus a letter. Plus the secretary was in a hurry to get out of school by lunch time on Friday because she was taking a long weekend.

At no point did I receive an apology. Grrr!

0 comments: