Wednesday, September 10, 2008

At Least They are Concerned

I have a horrible sinus infection. I could tell something was up last Friday when I was getting a sore throat. I took it easy over the weekend and was feeling okay. Sunday I had a horrible sinus headache that just would not go away with any medication. Monday the pain was still there but it subsided a little. By Monday night, I was feeling totally crappy.

Tuesday I thought for sure that I was calling in but stupidity won out and I dragged myself to school. It is more work for me to be gone than it is actually being there. The students kept asking me if I had a cold and I just told them yes because try explaining what a sinus infection is to a seven year old.

So I made it through today and was totally wiped out. The other teachers saw it on my face. But this morning I had my second graders ask again if I had a cold. Then one girl said that her mother is a nurse and that she could help me with any disease that I had. Then another girl said that her mom can fill my medicine at Walgreen's. I had to chuckle, at least they are concerned. Then another student said that I should be resting at home and not teaching. I think she just wanted me out of the classroom. :o)

I am hoping that the weather starts to level out because that way my head will also level out. So in the meantime, I get to talk really funny, cough and blow my nose every five seconds. All while trying to teach. Fun times.

0 comments: