Thursday, August 9, 2007

All good things must come to an end....

So today is Thursday, so that means that I have one more vacation day left and then its the weekend then back to work on Monday. I have a retreat to go on and Tuesday is our teacher meeting and Wednesday is the first day of school. Wow this summer went fast. In a way I am looking forward to being busy again, but then again it means not seeing my hubby during the week and only on weekends because of our different shifts. It just makes us appreciate each other even more.

I have however accomplished a lot in the past two weeks. My classroom is set up waiting for the 3rd graders on Wednesday, the only thing I have left to do for school is accomplish my schedule for the year and decide what I am actually going to do the first full day of school. Hubby thinks that I am nuts for sending postcards to the students welcoming them to the new school year. I think it eases some of their first day jitters, also how cool is it for an eight year old to recieve mail!!

I got my hair highlighted and thinned out because once school starts, I just don't have the time and it will be Christmas time until I actually start thinking about doing something with it again. I also got my eyes checked and got new lenses for my glasses and totally new sunglasses. The optometrist also found a freckle on my right eyeball when they were dilated. I think it just means that they have to watch to make sure that it doesn't get bigger. I just think it is cool I have a freckle on my eye....how many people can say that?

It has also been warmer than heck around here and my air conditioner decided to go on the fritz Monday and I went to check on it in the basement and one entire part of it was a brick of ice. Lovely....I called the repair person Monday and all they could tell me was that it was going to be Tuesday or Wednesday when they could get to it. I loved the definite time! So I stayed home in a humid dark house on Tuesday and luckily they did call and came over. It turns out that we have a small leak in somewhere that is leaking freon. So the repair person just refilled us and we were good to go. So not too expensive...just $20 for the freon and $80 for the service call. Gee I love repair people. I am now waiting for something else to break because my mom told me it comes in three's. The first was the garage door, the second being the air conditioner, and I am afraid to find out what else....unless you count the fridge that went out last fall and we had to throw all of our food out and replace. Maybe I can count that!

Oh well...I promised Jay that I would fix him dinner when he came home. I just need to boil some noodles and fix the garlic bread and viola spaghetti dinner with my homemade sauce! Absolutley delicious if you ask me!!

0 comments: