Thursday, July 2, 2009

My Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday and it was very low key. Which is exactly how I like it. I had some of the summer school students wish me a happy birthday and when I got out of work I had five texts telling me happy birthday. Then basically I laid around the house all day not doing a darn thing. It was wonderful!

I also received a birthday card from one of my second graders in the mail with a gift card to Friday's. I thought that was very thoughtful of the student!

I also checked the order status of my bench that my parents bought for me. I found out that it was arriving yesterday at some unknown time. So basically Mr. (or Ms.) Fed-Ex person kept me waiting.

So around 7 o'clock my package still had not come so we decided to go to Friday's and use the gift card. Dinner was yummy, the waitress was dumb. I know that she was busy rushing around to her four tables but we lost her for a good 30 minutes while waiting for our check. Then she didn't even run the gift card, just our debit. When I questioned her she said it was too late. I know that I should have raised a stink, but I just wanted to get home.

So we got home and the package was on the porch. I asked hubby if we could put it together even though it was 9 o'clock. He didn't mind, but then my friend called (whom I haven't talked to since Christmas) and so we talked for awhile, while we discussed me coming to Florida for a little relaxation because now that she has a real job and no longer is in school she doesn't know when she will be coming back up to South Bend. (She got her PHD in May and is now working for the Army Corp of Electrical Engineers in Miami.)

So after I got off the phone we proceeded to put my present together and realized that it didn't have directions, but we figured it out after some trial and errors. So now we have a nice piece of furniture on the porch that is hiding my shoes and only 2 pairs of hubby's because lets face it, I have more shoes than him!




So now that the porch is starting to come together, we are thinking about what kind of floor to put down. I would like to go linoleum or possibly a fake looking wood just because the real wood would get messed up with the snow and I am pretty sure under the carpet is just plywood. Decisions, decisions! :)

0 comments: