Sunday, July 12, 2009

Demolition Derby

Friday night hubby and I found ourselves at the 4-H Fair. We were there because we heard that they were going to have a demolition derby. Hubby really wanted to go and I was curious because it was being held in the main grandstand. I wondered how in the heck that would happen.

After the evening was over, we decided that we have to go to another one with a larger arena. Apparently there is going to be a bigger one held at the South Bend Motor Speedway September 12.

I have come to the conclusion that demo's are really LOUD and there is some fascination with Care Bears. I haven't figured that one out yet.

Here is our night in pics:

This car took Best in Show because it looked the prettiest (although that is probably not the technical term).

Wreckage! Oh and the field was grass and by the end of the night it was dirt and dirt was everywhere!

If you can look closely at the driver front tire it is completely off and dragging.


The driver of car 212 was only 16! He made it into the finals, although he did not win.


This pic just cracks me up because both the driver and the Pink Panther are watching the action!


Now for the next race we will attend, we just have to drag my brother along with us!

0 comments: