Wednesday, June 3, 2009

How I Spent My Day

While Tony was cleaning out the garage at his house last summer, there was a hutch in there that I had wanted. My parents took it home to their house and that is where it sat until last night. I finally had the time to pay attention to this potentially cute piece of furniture.

However, it dawns on me after looking at the pictures that I took that I really didn't take a picture of what it looked like together. It had multi-colored drawer knobs and the one door did not close all of the way.

This is the original back of the cabinet and it was falling apart. Jay took the back off. He has decided that he loves to destroy things. :)


We went off to Lowe's to get a new piece of backing cut for us and all of the appropriate hinges and knobs and a new paint color.
It was the perfect day to paint because the sun was not too hot and the wind was just right. It took less than three hours to get it sanded, painted, and put back together.

Here Jay is attaching the new back to the hutch.
After our three hours of work, here is the final product. I am in love with it!


Now I just have to decide if I would like to place the top part on top of the bottom part. If I decide to do this, I have to sand and paint it. In the end it might just be worth it! :)

0 comments: