Friday, May 29, 2009

Curio Cabinet

I am a huge fan of craigslist. I love just looking at the furniture that other people have posted. Rosie was looking for a curio cabinet and I told her I would look on craigslist and see what I could find. Lo and behold I found one and it was in pretty decent shape and it was only $35. Hey what a deal! The only problem was that it was in Rochester.

I told Rosie that I could pick it up only because Plymouth is halfway to Rochester. So I responded to the ad on craigslist and the lady selling it was going to meet me at the WalMart. So on Monday, May 11 after school I set off for Rochester.

Well I should have stayed in Plymouth and gotten schoolwork completed. The lady never showed up. I was mad because I had about an hour drive back home and with no cabinet. The lady e-mails me the next day and says, "Oh sorry I laid my son down for a nap and I had a huge headache so I fell asleep also. When do you want to pick up the cabinet?" What!?! Are you kidding me?!?

I e-mailed her back and said that I was not driving back to Rochester and she was going to have to come to Plymouth to drop it off. She e-mailed back and agreed. So we set up another date for that Thursday.

Thursday rolled around and still no lady. Nope she didn't show up again and not again the next two times over the next week and a half. Every time there would be a new excuse of why she couldn't meet. The last time she didn't show up I didn't e-mail her back and left it at that. Apparently she really doesn't need to sell it because otherwise a decent and courteous person would show up or e-mail and tell me that they wouldn't be able to meet that day.

Then as I was checking my junk e-mail today, there was an e-mail from this lady asking if I still wanted the cabinet. What...you've got to be kidding me! I e-mailed her back this morning and told her that she was done wasting my time and if she really wanted to sell the cabinet that she had to drive to South Bend to my house because I am not going to Plymouth until August!

Needless to say I probably will not get a response to that one. Some people are just plain rude.

0 comments: