Saturday, June 13, 2009

Interview

This past week I went on an interview with a school that is literally five minutes from my house. The principal was really nice and explained that he was being proactive and getting a list of names of people that he could hire in case the corporation didn't have anyone to fill the positions at his school.

While going through my resume, he told me that since I did not have any experience teaching the Balanced Literacy Program (the reading program that the school system uses) my chances of getting hired are pretty slim. Gee thanks!

He explained that since his school is a Title 1 school that he needed to see results right away and did not have time to teach the Balanced Literacy Program to the new hires that did not have knowledge of the program.

He did offer to put my name down on a list of instructional assistants. I asked him what the pay rate was for this type of position and he said it was $11 to 12 an hour with benefits. I told him that I would be interested but I really need a teachign position because I am at the moment the only wage earner in the family.

So who knows where the heck that leaves me. At the moment, I guess I am content staying at my school and teaching third grade. The only thing is that I am having some of the students that I had in second grade. Although I think I did a good job of splitting them up so I don't have as many behavior problems with certain "groups" of students.

So we shall see what happens.

0 comments: