Thursday, April 3, 2008

Poor Prince Edward

I'm not talking about royalty, but our suckerfish named Prince Edward. He was a good plecostomus and he kept the tank clean at school. Yup this was our school fish. I found him belly up this morning. I had a feeling that this would happen. My filter went out in the tank sometime over spring break. So there had been no filtration for who knows how long. I have yet to replace it because I thought I would have to buy a new tank for the guts. However I found the filtration system on e-bay and it should be here in about 3-5 days. In the meantime our goldfish, General Patton, has white spots. Not a good sign because it is ick. ICKY! So I found a cheap filteration system until the correct one is delievered.

What I thought was funny was that the students asked what he died from and my reply was that he didn't tell me. Some got it and laughed, while others looked at me like I was nuts. I even had two of my students hold a "funeral" for Prince Edward during recess. One student even told me she cried.

In the meantime, lets hope the General makes it! I brought the tank home just in case the General does go belly up this weekend or heaven forbid during class tomorrow.

0 comments: