Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Decisions, Decisions

Well it really is only one decision. It seems that there is a fourth grade opening at St. Matthew School here in South Bend. The best news is that it is about one mile down the road. So here is my decision, should I switch schools?

In my mind it is a no brainer because one mile as opposed to twenty miles. Duh! With the way that gas is going, I am paying about $250 a month in gas alone because I need to fill up twice a week. On the other hand I have felt extremely comfortable teaching at St. Michael because I know everyone and they really would be lost without me. At least in my mind they would :D.

I told my principal about the opening yesterday and the only thing she said to me was "Oh, we will miss you." That was it! I think it was a 30 second conversation tops! Granted she does have a lot on her mind at the moment because she is the principal of two schools and she is trying to care for her 93 year old mother by herself. But come on, "Oh, we will miss you!" I got more grief last year when I was undecided in what I was doing last year at this time.

So I have typed up a cover letter and gotten my resume in order. I'm taking it to a fellow teacher tomorrow for her to look over and then it is getting sent off. So keep your fingers crossed because a job one mile down the road would be heaven!

0 comments: