Thursday, April 17, 2008

No excuse

Sorry I wish I had a wonderful reason for not blogging, but I don't. Well I did have an excuse this weekend because I was cleaning my house from side to side. I don't have a top to bottom to clean--no second floor :o) I had a Mary Kay party on Sunday and had a good time. So other than that, I have been enjoying the wonderful weather and not working out. I have no motivation at the moment except to do nothing.

I am quickly running over to my parents tonight to find a worksheet that I made back when I was student teaching. I am thinking about doing a tangram lesson with the students tomorrow because Friday afternoons are just yucky because I am mentally finished teaching and dealing with students at 1:45, too bad school doesn't let out until 3. So tangrams should keep them busy for quite awhile and then I can have them make their own shapes and then write something about it.

But I will share the new addition that my parents got last week. Meet Bosco:


He is a 3 year old Shepard something. Their other dog was hit by a car about a month ago and Stella (the other outside dog) was feeling lonely. So we found this dog at www.Petfinder.com. He was adopted through the Mixed Up Mutts program out of the next county over.

The totally awesome part is that he comes already trained because he was in the Prison Tails program that this organization sponsors. Basically Bosco has spent time in the Prison learning obedience training. Certain prisoners are picked for this program and the prisoners work with the dogs and keep daily journals about what was done. Bosco unfortunately went through 3 trainers because he is a little on the hyper side. But he is enjoying himself, although Maya (Laura's dog) isn't too happy to share part of her house and yard with him. But eventually she will accept him.

0 comments: