Monday, September 7, 2009

I am alive

Sorry for the blogging hiatus. Since the end of July I have had to get ready for the start of school and that always drags me down. Now that we are two weeks in, I feel I have a grip on things.

Since I moved up a grade this year to third, I have half of the same students that I had last year. In a way it is a good/bad thing. I do know what to expect and what the abilities are of the students without having to feel my way around. The bad thing is that it is hard to implement new strategies because half of them remember how I did things last year. So it has been a ride these last two weeks.

Also our playground is not finished. So at the moment we are playing in between the church and the parking lot. Lets just say organized chaos ensues and I want to pull my hair out most days after recess. However I just keep saying that it will only be a month until it is finished (fingers crossed).

Hubby started a job at Memorial doing laundry and his schedule is wacky. He has to be at work at 6 during the week and 4:30 if he works weekends. So he is getting up an hour and a half before his start time and it only means that I have to get up with him because the alarm is on my side of the bed and I refuse to wake up to annoying beeping sound. :)

However we aren't sure how long this job will last because 1. we believe he is becoming a scapegoat for everything and 2. he was told that Memorial is looking to outsource laundry. So we are back to the drawing board on looking for jobs. He is also toying around with the idea of a vet tech program at Brown Mackie. So we don't know really where we are headed. It is always fun to be surprised :)

Mom and Dad are headed to Texas today for two weeks. Dad is going to be part of a trial study and needs to be down there for two weeks straight and then he will go back every week Tuesday until Friday for the following four weeks after his two weeks are finished. Hopefully everything goes smooth for the next six weeks. I just ask that you keep him in your prayers. :)

I'm baking up a storm today for a get-together at my brother's. He is supplying the house and the grill and I am bringing the food for him to cook. I think it is a good deal since my house is a tad on the smaller side. So I hope everyone has a happy Labor Day!

0 comments: