Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hey I think I got my foot in the door....

I came home from school today just totally exhausted and I still have award certificates to start and finish tonight. Blah! But I looked at the mail sitting on the dining room table and image my suprise when there was one from the South Bend Community School Corp. The only thing I thought of was that they have no positions for me and please try again next year. Because this is the way my world is going at the moment. I also have not received a phone call from St. Matt's...grrrrr it's been three weeks!

Anyway back to the letter, imagine my suprise when it tells me that they chose me for the job of helper for summer school. This is something I applied for back on a whim because I thought there was no chance in heck they would go for me because I am not a SBCSC employee. So I have to send a fax telling I accept the position and then I have to fill out paperwork by the end of next week. Then the position starts with training on June 27 and then summer school starts up July 7th.

So if all goes well maybe I can start building network connections and somehow figure out how to get into the dang school system. Even though people tell me I am crazy for wanting a public school job. I guess I have to experience it first hand and go from there.

And I thought my summer would be boring!

0 comments: