Monday, May 19, 2008

Frustrated

I only have 8 school days left, but I have a million things to do/finish. I have grades to finish up by Tuesday so report cards can be printed. Never mind that we still have to go until Friday of next week. I have never understood why the report card needs to go home with the student on the last day of school. Why can't we have the parents pick them up or gosh darn mail them!

I also have to think of awards to give every student in my class. I have known about this since the beginning of the month and have been trying my darndest to think of some awards. But can I really give out the most complaining award, I refuse to do my work award, and do we really have to do this award? My class has challenges, but I still claim them as mine because as a whole I really do enjoy them. It is just nice when certain ones are absent more than others.

I have to keep on top of my lessons because now that we are practically finished with every gosh darn book that we have, I really need to be creative. So my days are consumed of worrying about whether or not I have enough material to get us through the day. But more often than not I overplan and as a result have more than enough. Plus it also helps that all the students want to do all day is read!

My principal also dumped the School Improvement Plan in my mailbox with a lovely note attached saying that she needs help finishing it (aka doing charts and what not) and it needs to be finished by May 30th! Gee isn't that great that it is also the last day of school! Like I already do not have enough things going on. Sure let me get right on that!

So now until May 30th my head is going to be a whirlwind of activity and many a sleepless nights! Plus it doesn't help the fact that no one is calling about jobs. My interview at St. Matt's probably lasted about 15 minutes and that included a 5 minute tour of the school! The principal just told me that oh we'll be in touch. Well it will be two weeks tomorrow and still no call. So who knows what to think at this point!

Oh and to top off my lovely day, I found out that one of my students has been spreading his feces around on the boys bathroom wall, stall, and trash can for about three weeks now and was finally caught. Gee that is a phone call I never would have thought I would have to make to a parent in a million years! So I am totally disguisted and dread going by his desk or handling his papers.

8 more days....8 more days....8 more days....8 more days....

0 comments: