Sunday, May 4, 2008

Feeling oh so tired

Weekends are just not long enough! I spent yesterday running around God's green earth doing errands because I did not have to go work at the station because it was the end of the month and mom closed out the month. So there really was no point in me going there. So I got things finished around the house.

Then I spent the afternoon today tearing out old edging and replacing it with cedar timbers. I just need more dirt so I can level the timbers. I just love it when it is beautiful outside. And if anybody knows how to kill a yucca plant, I am all ears! We pulled the dang thing out last year and it managed to come back because of the dang root. So I spent a good amount of time today pulling it out again. The root is just too dang thick and deep to get any of it to come out. I am thinking of a root killer, but I don't know if they make such a thing.

I also spent today grading papers and trying to come up with lesson plans for the week. We finished our reading series and now that entails me being creative and being somewhat productive because I spend the morning hours doing reading and language arts ideas and concepts. So I think I have an idea of what to do this week. Although this week is going to be super crazy!

Tomorrow we have bike safety coming in the afternoon to talk to the third graders about bike safety and then they get free helmets. Tuesday I am gone, so it is more work for me trying to come up with sub plans. Wednesday is the annual May Procession. The students all bring in flowers and we process from school to the church carrying our flowers for Mary. Thursday, I believe is the only normal day, oh wait I am having the students paint flower pots for Mother's Day on Sunday. Then Friday is Race for Education. Which means each class spends an hour running, jogging, or walking around the church for donations. Hopefully it will tire the little cherubs out!

On top of all these exciting things, it is Teacher Appreciation Week. So there are activities going on all week for that. So thank a teacher this week. He/she really needs it! :D

Also, I have my interview at 1 on Tuesday. Gee it is going to be a busy week! So I think I am going to go to sleep now, I have a feeling it will be the only good night's sleep that I get this week. :D

0 comments: