Friday, July 27, 2007

Back home again

Well we made it back home two days ago and I am still recovering. Switzerland was gorgeous. Definately the place where I would love to spend all of my time in. The place we went to was called Murren. We drove four hours from Germany into Switzerland. We parked the car down on the mountainside and then had to take cable cars up 5000 feet. The weather was a bit chilly and it was raining. Heck I didn't care because I was in the Alps! When we made it up to the sleepy little town of Murren we checked into our "lodge" and then went to explore a bit before we found dinner. I had the best chicken and salad dinner plus these very delicious strawberries and melon! By the time that we left dinner it was pouring so we went back to the lodge only to fall asleep early. When we woke up the next day, we were still in the middle of a cloud. Yes a cloud....how cool is that. We had slept with our window open and in the light you could see the mist falling into the room. Way cool! Later that morning we took the tram up to the next little town above us and hiked around for a little while and then ate a little cafe on the way down and just took in the beautiful scenary. When we finally hiked our way back down the "hill" we did some tourist shopping and then went out to dinner and I had the best spaghetti. It was even better than the spaghetti that I had had in Italy. Kinda hard to imagine. Then the rain came through again and it was downpouring by the time we got back to the lodge. The next day, we checked out and headed our way back north. My aunt and uncle suprised us by taking a little detour into France! We stopped at a little town called Colmar. This town is nicknamed the "little venice" because of the waterways that surround the town. Colmar was gorgeous as well and had a ton of flowers all over the place. We ate lunch in France at a crepe restuarant. This was the most delicious lunch I had had. It was a chicken and creamy sauce crepe. It literally melted in your mouth! We did a little shopping after lunch and then got back in the car and headed back to Germany. On Monday we went to the next town over via train and did some shopping at the mall that was there. I got the new Harry Potter book (the British version) so I was able to read it on the plane ride home.

Laura and I came home Tuesday and I was home by 11:15 PM just in time to see my hubby and the pile of mail left on the kitchen table! So now I am slowly working my way through the pile, unpacking, and doing laundry. I was very productive yesterday and put together an online scrapbook. I placed the order last night and hope to receive the book sometime next week. The price just about shocked me...around $120. However I figured if I took the time to print all of my pictures (550 of them) and then bought a scrapbook and the supplies to allow me to scrapbook it probably would have been around the same price. So I went with the online book, the only reason why it cost so much was because I had 63 pages! You receive the first 20 pages for $29.99 and then $1.99 a page after that. In my mind I had thought it was the first 40 pages for $29.99 and then $1.99 after. Gee was I wrong. However I had a ton of fun putting it together and providing information about the places we went to. This way I will always remember and the album is finished before things get crazy here again. I just received the letter from school saying the school is open for working in our classrooms and we can come in anytime. Heck it is still July....I am not going anywhere near Plymouth until August. On a sad note I do start school in less than 20 days...I guess all good things have to come to an end.

0 comments: